Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley
Wyndham, WA 6740
August 2021 - Current
Clarrie Cassidy Oval Sports Floodlighting
Hender Lee Electrical were engaged by the Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley for the Design and Construction of 4 LED Floodlights at Clarrie Cassidy Oval, Wyndham.
• Installation of four (4) LED Floodlights suitable for sporting ovals,
• Fixed steel tapered octagon column with galvanised finish, base plate, rag bolt
• assembly, three (3) access doors and head frame to suit minimum of four (4) flood lights.
• Tower length to be suitable to ensure a minimum of 100 lux is achieved over the entire
• ground (minimum, desirable up to 200 lux).
• Lighting sub-board with circuit protection and switching.
• Sub mains running to new lighting sub board (50mm XLPE minimum)
• Glare hoods
• Cage barriers to restrict damage from bird life.
• A suitable control mechanism that allows the Shire to monitor and control usage.
• Three (3) phase copper nylon jacket cabling, with termite resistant, installed underground
• to all four poles.
Complications and items to Consider
• Lighting spill effect on community buildings and amenities in close proximity.
• Energy efficiency and allowing flexibility of usage to reduce power wastage.
• Proximity to Wyndham Airstrip and any resulting height restrictions.
• Maximising longevity and minimising future maintenance costs given the high cost of
• repairs and maintenance in the region, particularly by specialist services. This may include
• break back poles or similar.
• Location of the oval light towers must allow for future ground expansion
• Using materials that protect or reduce from vandalism